What am I eligible for?
Insurance Eligibility and Breast Pumps
When it comes to insurance eligibility, a member's benefits will be based upon the individual's insurance company and your specific plan.
Plans vary in a number of different ways including:
- Some plans cover a standard electric breast pump during pregnancy, while other plans cover this item only during the first 60 days postpartum.
- Some plans cover a hospital-grade breast pump for any postpartum mother who is breastfeeding, while other plans cover this benefit only when a baby is detained in the hospital.
- Some plans cover a benefit at 100%, while other plans cover only a fraction of the benefit cost.
- Some plans require a prescription for a plan benefit, while others do not.
- Some plans offer out-of-network benefits, while others do not.
- Some plans are grandfathered and, therefore, may not offer any breast pump or breast pump supply benefits at all.
If you're unsure about the specific benefits of your plan, call your insurance company to inquire or let Breast Pumps Direct help. Visit our Insurance Covered Breast Pumps area to begin!